Sender:
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 2021 10:10:16 -0500
From:
Jolie Wormwood <[log in to unmask]>
Dear Colleagues,

The Society for Affective Science (SAS) will hold its annual meeting
in an all-virtual,
24-hour format from April 13-16, 2021.

On behalf of the SAS Membership and Outreach committee, I encourage you and
your trainees to attend. SAS is an excellent venue to learn about what’s
new in affective science, participate in career development and special
topic discussion forums, and enjoy social and networking opportunities that
make SAS conferences uniquely beneficial.

We’re going virtual this year, but have worked hard to maintain all of
these valuable features in our program. In addition to our Presidential
Symposium on Love, TED-style talks, Invited Flash Talks, a Special
Symposium on Positive Emotions, and hundreds of individual presentations,
SAS 2021 features the following:

   -

   Fully international 24-hour program
   <https://society-for-affective-science.org/conferences/2021-sas-annual-conference/home/>
   covering Japan Standard Time, British Summer Time, and Pacific Standard
   Time. See announcement attached.
   -

   Multiple career spotlight events including Ask an Editor, Career
   Transitions, Working Abroad, and Methods events.
   -

   Speed Networking
   <https://society-for-affective-science.org/conferences/2021-sas-annual-conference/speed-networking/>
   and socializing opportunities in Gather.Town
   <https://www.virtualchair.net/events/sas2021>
   -

   A low registration rate, including for undergraduates, and 1 year of
   FREE SAS membership with multiple benefits – take advantage of our Early
   Bird Deadline: 13 March 2021! Register here
   <https://society-for-affective-science.org/conferences/2021-sas-annual-conference/registration/>
   !

Please let me know if you have any questions. I hope you will join us at
the 2021 SAS virtual meeting!

All the best,
Jolie Wormwood
Assistant Professor of Psychology