From:
Geoff Bull <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Geoff Bull <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 1999 01:32:55 +1100
"W. Wesley Groleau x4923" wrote:

> > >    Looking at RFC 2616, "little" isn't the word that comes to mind,
> > > even after tossing everything related to cacheing.  What do you
> > > have in mind?
> >
> > http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/Networking/Webserv
> > er/index.html
> >
> > "The following code implements a simple, multithreaded HTTP server in a
> > few hundred lines of Java code."
>
> It's not _just_ a few hundred lines of Java.  It's about four hundred
> lines that make many more lines worth of API calls.  As many lines of Ada
> could easily make the same calls and probably more reliably.

I had a play with this.
Just a few hundred lines of code (including embedded HTML) and
Ada code happily talks HTTP with Netscape. I just have to write
a bit more to decode the POST data from the forms and I will put
this on the web.
This is non-industrial strength proof of concept code only.
My curiousity is satisified, and without $$$ I don't intend to
develop this too much further.

Cheers
Geoff