Sender:
Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 2020 08:44:03 -0300
From:
Daniel Fernandes Macedo <[log in to unmask]>
We would like to announce the names of the keynote presenters for EAI
GOODTECHS 2020:

** Nuno Nunes (Técnico U. Lisbon, Portugal) - "Eco-centric interaction
for the re-balance of the relations between humans and nature"
** Lieven de Marez (Ghentt U., Belgium) - title of keynote TBA

Furthermore, as we are aware of the COVID-19 situation around the
world, we decided to postpone the submission deadline to May 1st,
2020. If required, online presentations will be made possible due to
any travel or local government restrictions.

Best regards,

The Organizing Committee
GOODTECHS 2020
14-16/09/2020
Antwerp, Belgium
http://goodtechs.eu/

==== SCOPE ====

By social good we refer to a “good” or a service that benefits the
largest number of people in the largest possible way. Some classic
examples of social goods are, of course, healthcare, safety,
environment, democracy, and human rights, but we can add to this
classic list even communication, art, entertainment and much more.

In this context, the popularity of portable computing devices, like
smartphones, tablets, or smart watches combined with the emergence of
many other small smart objects with computational, sensing and
communication capabilities coupled with the popularity of social
networks and new human-technology interaction paradigms is creating
unprecedented opportunities for each of us to do something useful,
ranging from a single person to the whole world. Furthermore, Internet
of Things, Smart-cities, distributed sensing and Fog computing are
representative examples of modern ICT paradigms that aim to describe a
dynamic and globally cooperative infrastructure built upon objects’
intelligence and self-configuring capabilities. These connected
objects are finding their way into our pockets, vehicles, urban areas
and infrastructure, thus becoming the very texture of our society and
providing us the possibility, but also the responsibility, to shape
it.

In GOODTECHS (http://www.goodtechs.eu) we are hence interested in
experiences with the design,  implementation, deployment, operation
and evaluation of smart objects and technologies for social good.
Clearly, we are not considering only the so called first world as the
scenario for this evolution; we also refer to those areas where ICT is
currently less widespread, hoping that it may represent a societal
development opportunity rather than a source for further divide.

Inside GOODTECHS, the Work-in-Progress and Ph.D. Track provides an
opportunity to showcase interesting new work that is still at an early
stage. We encourage practitioners and researchers to submit to the
Work-in-Progress venue as it provides a unique opportunity for sharing
valuable ideas, eliciting feedback on early-stage work, and fostering
discussions and collaborations among colleagues. Moreover, this track
provides a platform for Ph.D. students to present and receive feedback
on their ongoing research. Students at different stages of their
research will have the opportunity to present and discuss their
research questions, goals, methods and results. This is an opportunity
to obtain guidance on various aspects of their research from
established researchers and other Ph.D. students working in research
areas related to technologies for social good.

==== TOPICS OF INTEREST ====

Authors are solicited to submit original, previously unpublished
papers in the following, but not limited to topic areas:

    App concepts and technologies for different mobile platforms
    Blockchain for social good
    Communication between mobile devices
    Content Distribution
    E-learning solutions
    Data collection, organization and dissemination methods
    Delay-tolerant aerial networks and ferrying approaches
    Deployment and field-testing
    Digital tools for art and feelings
    Environment sensing, monitoring and preservation
    Experimental results of communication testbeds
    Game, entertainment, and multimedia applications
    Health and social care
    Human-object interaction
    ICT for development
    Mobile service architectures and frameworks
    Mobility and handover management
    New application scenarios for vehicular communications
    Pervasive and ubiquitous services in cloud and IoT
    Platforms and frameworks for mobile devices
    Privacy issues and solutions
    Protocol design, testing and verification
    Security issues, architectures and solutions
    Smart cities and transportation
    Smart economy solutions: e-banking, e-business
    Smart governance and e-administration
    Smart living and E-health
    Technology addressing the digital divide

==== PUBLICATION ====

All accepted and presented papers will be published in ACM
International Conference Proceeding Series — ICPS and made available
through the ACM Digital Library.

    Papers should be in English.
    Regular papers should be up to 6 pages in length.
    WIP and PhD track papers should be up to 4 pages in length.
    Previously published work may not be submitted, nor may the work
be concurrently submitted to any other conference or journal. Such
papers will be rejected without review.

Proceedings will be submitted for inclusion in leading indexing
services, Ei Compendex, ISI Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google
Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL).

Authors of selected best accepted and presented papers will be invited
to submit an extended version to Mobile Networks and Applications
(MONET) Journal (IF: 2.390)

==== COMMUNITY REVIEW ====

Community Review is a service offered to Program Committees and
submitting Authors of all EAI conferences designed to improve the
speed and the quality of the review process.

Abstracts of all authors who opt in to Community Review during
submission will be published and available for Bidding here.

Learn more about the Community Review process

==== IMPORTANT DATES ====
Full Paper Submission Deadline
WIP and PhD Track Paper Submission Deadline
Notification Deadline
Camera-ready Deadline
Start of Conference
End of Conference

Daniel Fernandes Macedo
Professor Associado
Computer Science Department
Federal University of Minas Gerais, Brazil

E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Web page: http://homepages.dcc.ufmg.br/~damacedo/
Telephone: +553134097584