From:
Ciabhan Connelly <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ciabhan Connelly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 2021 12:48:27 -0500
Hello everyone,

Student volunteers have become an essential part in the organization of
CHI. They play a major role in executing structural tasks - especially
during the conference. Among other things: we hand out and check badges;
show you where to find a paper session, restaurant, bathroom, your lost
water bottle, etc; help set up nets for drones, build sculptures out of
coke bottles and other exciting demos; help figure out where that missing
paper presenter is and why, oh why, isn’t the microphone working anymore?
Along with many others, the student volunteers put A LOT of effort into
helping CHI run smoothly.

For CHI 2022, we need both online AND in-person SVs. The lottery is already
open for enrollments and can be found at https://new.chisv.org under ACM
CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems 2022 (CHI 2022) and
will be closed on February 17th, 2022 for in-person SVs, and March 17th,
2022 for online SVs. Approximately 175 students in total will be chosen as
SVs. All other students who registered will be assigned a position on the
waitlist.

   -

   More info on how to apply:
   https://chi2022.acm.org/2021/11/19/student-volunteer/