From:
Yoram Chisik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yoram Chisik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Apr 2020 18:05:07 +0300
In view of the current pandemic we are reformulating the workshop into a
virtual event.  We have extended the submission deadline to May 1 and are
working on the dates and timing of the workshop. We have no desire to
squeeze the living life out of you on the 19 of June or any other date as
we prefer to have a productive and fun workshop. We will announce the exact
timing and plan later on but in the meantime please submit your position
paper (as outlined below).

Chasing Play Potentials in Food Culture: Embracing Children’s Perspectives

A virtual workshop held as part of IDC 2020

19 June 2020, Cyberspace

https://playandculture.food.blog

Call for Participation

In this workshop which will be held as part of the Interaction Design with
Children (IDC) conference, we will explore how food related culture and
traditions can guide the design of playful technologies and experiences for
children. Using food as an accessible starting point, we aim to bring
together a diverse set of participants in order to share and make creative
use of playful traditions involving children and food stuffs through
hands-on prototyping, play and discussion.

Participants need not be culinary experts as we seek to draw on your
personal experiences and cultural traditions.

Prospective participants should submit a position paper via email to
[log in to unmask] by May 1 outlining the following:

1. A short (100-150 word) personal bio;

2. A short (~300 word) statement about the perspectives you bring to the
issues we will explore in the workshop;

3. A description of one or more playful food traditions from your family,
culture, community, etc;

4 strategies (if any) they have used to source inspiration in cultural play;

5. Logistical information, please indicate your location, time zone and any
other pertinent details you wish to make us aware of in planning the
virtual version of this workshop.

Further information on the workshop and its organizers as well as full
submission instructions can be found at the workshop website:
https://playandculture.food.blog

We will select participants with an eye to diversity, originality and
relevance to the workshop themes. At least one author of each accepted
position paper must attend the workshop and pay the applicable IDC 2020
registration fee.

Full submission instructions and further information about the workshop can
be found at: https://playandculture.food.blog

Please direct any questions to Yoram Chisik ([log in to unmask])

Hope to see you all soon at the highest resolution possible