Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 2021 09:55:34 -0600
7bit
Sender:
From:
Jerry Alan Fails <[log in to unmask]>
*

We invite researchers working in the field of Interaction Design and
Children to submit outline bids for hosting and chairing the ACM SIGCHI
IDC conference in 2022. If you are interested, please send your bid via
email to the IDC Steering Committee Chairs Panos Markopoulos
([log in to unmask]) and Jerry Fails ([log in to unmask]).

The deadline for submission is April 28, 2021. We welcome bids from any
region.

Please address the following points in your bid (do not exceed three pages):

1. Clearly identify how you and your team who will manage IDC (including
some members of your program committee) have been involved in past IDC
events. We encourage teams with a good mix of new people but also with
some members who have been involved in IDC before. We also appreciate
the inclusion of people from different parts of the world and varied
experiences and backgrounds.

2. Briefly explain the relevant experience the host institution has in
supporting and organizing workshops and conferences.

3. Specify the location where the conference will be held (describe the
rooms and facilities) and describe how accessible the venue is including
rail and airline links and proximity of hub airports. Also, indicate the
accessibility of the venues for conference participants with varied
abilities.

4. Highlight the benefits of hosting IDC at your proposed venue and
location for the IDC community as a whole. Explain how your bid will
help IDC reach out to new attendees, maybe industrial, maybe from
another academic discipline and explain the unique aspects of the bid
that will facilitate this outreach.

5. Identify potential sponsors, co-organizers and industry partners.

As IDC is a SIGCHI sponsored conference, please familiarize yourself
with the SIGCHI Help Pages on organizing a conference. The information
can be found
here:https://sigchi.org/conferences/organizer-resources/organising-a-sigchi-sponsored-or-co-sponsored-conference/conference-series-handbook/.
The IDC conference has a handbook that will be helpful as you organize
the conference.

The bid will be reviewed by the IDC conference steering group, which
includes past chairs of this event. Bids that are successful at the
initial stage will require further development where we will seek to
have some details of a proposed program committee and an outline of the
budget. DO NOT include this in stage 1. The steering committee will
select the host for IDC 2022 no later than May 14, 2021. The IDC2022
host will be expected to be present and announce the conference during
the IDC 2021 conference which will be held virtually
(https://idc.acm.org/2021/).*