From:
Maria Roussou <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Maria Roussou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jan 2021 23:12:51 +0200
*Apologies for cross-posting. Please distribute (posters in different
languages), especially to K-12 students and educators!*

The 20th ACM Interaction Design and Children (IDC) conference 2021

Design Challenge "(Re)imagining the World after COVID-19"

Call for Children's Ideas
https://idc.acm.org/2021/design-challenge/

The 20th ACM Interaction Design and Children (IDC) conference 2021
invites children all over the world to participate in a Design Challenge
titled “(Re)imagining a world after COVID-19”. We invite children to
(re)imagine the post-pandemic world and submit their vision of how
technology can help to make the world one they would like to live in.

Our daily life has been changed drastically after the outbreak of
COVID-19. We cannot meet, learn or play in the same way as before. We
now need to build new, inclusive and creative ways to deal with the
challenges we are facing. There are plenty of questions we would like to
ask children to think about when dreaming of the world after this
pandemic has ended. Some examples are:
- How will we find and maintain friendships all over the world
overcoming time-zone differences?
- How will we communicate no matter what different languages we speak?
- How will we spend time and share memories with our loved ones?

We would like to see your vision of how technology could help to make
all the above and even more to happen. What would this technology look
like? How would it work? How would this technology tackle one or more of
local yet global problems? There are no wrong answers, only plenty of
creativity. Design it, draw it, build it and tell us about it!

==== IDC 2021 Design Challenge schedule ====
1 March 2021 Phase 1: Submission of initial ideas (design concept), in
the form of a document or presentation.
24 May 2021 Phase 2:  Submission of design sketches or working
prototypes, in the form of a 1 minute video.

For more information, posters in different languages, and to enter the
Challenge visit https://idc.acm.org/2021/design-challenge/

Please share with your communities!

=================================================================================================================================

==== About IDC 2021 ====
IDC 2021 will be held on June 26-30, 2021 in a hybrid format, pandemic
permitting (online and in Athens, Greece). IDC is the premier
international conference for researchers, educators and practitioners to
share the latest research findings, innovative methodologies and new
technologies in the areas of inclusive child-centered design, learning
and interaction. The overall theme for ACM IDC 2021 is “Global meets

With best wishes,

Design Challenge Chairs

Tomoko Imai, Jiyugaokagakuen High School, Japan
Vicky Charisi, European Commission JRC, Spain
Sofoklis Sotiriou, Ellinogermaniki Agogi School, Greece
Maria Avgerinou, American Community Schools, Greece
Vanessa Dennen, Florida State University, USA

Conference General Chairs

Maria Roussou, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece
Suleman Shahid, Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS), Pakistan