Sender:
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2022 19:33:59 +0000
From:
Nervo Verdezoto Dias <[log in to unmask]>
[Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CfP]

Call for Participation

CHI2022 Workshop: Challenges, Tensions, and Opportunities in Designing Ecosystems to Support the Management of Complex Health

https://complexhealthchi.wordpress.com/

Important Dates

* Submission deadline: March 3rd, 2022 – extended!

* Notifications of acceptance: Mid-March, 2022.

* Workshop: Saturday April 30th, 2022, hybrid.

Overview

The goal of this workshop is to explore how an ecosystems perspective can reveal opportunities to support the management of complex health needs. During the workshop we will share our experiences and perspectives on complex care through an ecosystems lens, engage in a series of hands-on activities to imagine better support for complex needs, and collectively generate an agenda for future research in this area.

We invite submissions of short papers (2-4 pages, plus references) or abstracts (300 words). Submissions should focus on complex health needs, technology ecosystems, and related topics. We recommend reviewing the questions in Workshop Goals<https://complexhealthchi.wordpress.com/> around Definitions, Data, Theory and Design. Submissions may discuss ongoing research projects or past research experiences, or may include literature reviews, theoretical perspectives, or position statements. Submissions will be juried by the organizers.

Format submissions according to the single column ACM template<https://www.acm.org/publications/taps/word-template-workflow> and email them to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> by March 3rd, 2022 AoE<https://time.is/Anywhere_on_Earth>.

Accepted submissions will be posted on our website. At least one author of each accepted submission must attend the workshop, and workshop participants must register for the workshop and at least one day of the conference. We plan to support hybrid participation from remote and in-person attendees.

Contact

If you have questions about submission, please contact [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

For more information, please visit the workshop website: https://complexhealthchi.wordpress.com<https://complexhealthchi.wordpress.com/>

Workshop Co-organizers

Tom Ongwere, University of Dayton, USA

Andrew B.L. Berry, Northwestern University, USA

Clara Caldeira, Indiana University Bloomington, USA

Rosa I. Arriaga, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA

Amid Ayobi, University of Bristol, UK

Eleanor R. Burgess, Anthem Health Platforms, USA

Kay Connelly, Indiana University Bloomington, USA

Patricia Franklin, Northwestern University, USA

Andrew D. Miller, Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis, USA

Aehong Min, Indiana University Bloomington, USA

Nervo Verdezoto, Cardiff University, UK