From:
Norman Makoto Su <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Norman Makoto Su <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 2021 13:58:19 -0400
Hello! We are soliciting Panels for the CHI 2022 (https://chi2022.acm.org/)
conference, which will take place in early May 2022 in New Orleans. Please
check out the Panels CFP here:

https://chi2022.acm.org/for-authors/interacting-and-discussing/panels/

The deadline is not until December 16, 2021, but we wanted to give you
plenty of notice to be able to curate your best and most exciting panel
submissions!

Panels will be held in their own 60-minute session at the conference. For
CHI 2022, panels can be either hybrid (held in-person with ability for
panelists and attendees to participate virtually) or fully virtual.

A key feature of Panels is to highlight and discuss important issues in our
community. The following list is a few examples that we have considered may
be exciting for CHI 2022, but we look forward to receiving proposals based
on your ideas, too.
Lessons Learned from Covid-19’s Impact on HCI Research, Practice, and
Community
Race, Gender, Class, Disability, Culture, and Intersectionality in HCI
Participatory Design and Community-Based Participatory Research Methods
Augmented Reality / Virtual Reality / Extended Reality Futures
Researcher Positionality in HCI Research and CHI Papers
Ethical and Value-Based approaches to HCI Research and Design
HCI and AI: Connections, Challenges, and Next Steps
Building Solidarity among Academic and Tech Workers

Please reach out to us at [log in to unmask] if you have any questions.

- Panels co-chairs Oliver Haimson, Norman Makoto Su, and Kathryn Ringland