From:
"Fabri, Marc" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Fabri, Marc
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 2021 10:57:54 +0000
3rd CFP: DESIGNING ENABLING TECHNOLOGIES FOR MARGINALISED GROUPS
Special Issue of The Journal of Enabling Technologies
https://www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com/journal/jet/designing-enabling-technologies-marginalised-groups

Guest Editors: Dr Marc Fabri and Dr Nigel Newbutt
Submission Deadline: 16 January 2022

This special issue of the Journal of Enabling Technologies focuses on the design of technologies to remove barriers and improve outcomes for marginalised groups. By marginalised groups, we refer to people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, people with mental health difficulties, minorities, socially or economically disadvantaged people, and refugees, to name a few. This special issue spans a number of disciplines, notably inclusiveness, co-design and the use of innovative technologies therein.

Due to multiple requests from authors, we have extended the deadline until after the Christmas break. Papers are now due on Sunday 16 January 2021.

We are pleased to invite peer-reviewed article types, but also case studies, opinion pieces, and technology reviews that help us understand the role of enabling technology design with, and for, marginalised groups. We particularly encourage work that includes marginalised groups as authors or co-authors in addition to work that reports lived experiences of marginalised groups and their immediate stakeholders.

Topics covered include (but are not limited to):
   - Technology design and development
   - Innovative new forms of technology (AR, VR, XR, etc...)
   - Application of technologies in situ settings
   - Ways of bringing the voices of marginalised groups to the fore in design-based work
   - Co-designing remotely in times of social distancing
   - Applying Artificial Intelligence (AI) and other forms of innovation to support technology application
   - Technology that supports routes to improved outcomes in areas such as: education; services; employment; independent living scenarios; etc....
   - Ethics and responsible research involving all users
   - Evaluation of enabling technologies that include the voices of marginalised users
   - Research that is fully embedded in the settings where marginalised users are most likely to use them
   - Work that bridges issues of technology uptake in practical setting (i.e. the home, schools, workplace)

For full details, including deadlines and submission instructions, please refer to https://www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com/journal/jet/designing-enabling-technologies-marginalised-groups

We recommend that you contact the Special Issue guest editors to discuss your paper before submitting it.

Dr Marc Fabri
Leeds Beckett University, UK

Dr Nigel Newbutt
University of Florida

To view the terms under which this email is distributed, please go to:-
https://leedsbeckett.ac.uk/disclaimer/email