From:
Armin Mustafa <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Armin Mustafa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 May 2022 16:50:47 +0000
Call for Submissions to CVMP 2022!

For almost two decades, CVMP has built a reputation as the prime venue for researchers to meet with practitioners in the Creative Industries: film, broadcast and games. The Conference brings together expertise in video processing, computer vision, computer graphics, animation and physical simulation. It provides a forum for the presentation of the latest research and application advances, combined with keynote and invited talks on state-of-the-art industry practice. CVMP regularly attracts over 100 attendees approximately 50:50 from academia and the creative industries.

CVMP 2022: 1–2 December 2022

CVMP is planned to take place physically at the British Library in London on December 1–2 2022. Please check our website https://cvmp-conference.org/ and follow @CVMP on twitter<https://twitter.com/CVMP> for the latest updates. Proceedings of the Full Papers will appear in the ACM Digital Library, subject to the ACM approval of this year conference.

We encourage participation from a diverse range of backgrounds, including scientists, engineers, artists, and producers, to contribute inspiring papers, presentations, posters, and technical abstracts. We invite submissions to the conference on any topic that demonstrates an impact on visual media production, animation, and interactive content creation and experiences. This year there is an additional focus on delivering stories through light and colour across the Creative Industries. We hope contributions will convey innovative ideas, technical details, and insight or experience into theory and/or practice.

Full Papers: We invite submissions of regular, technical papers presenting novel research or applications related to any aspect of media production, including computer vision, graphics and machine learning research with application in this area. We particularly encourage the submission of early-stage doctoral work. Submitted papers can be any length up to 10 pages and will be subject to double-blind peer review. Accepted papers will be presented in either oral or poster form, and will appear in the ACM Digital Library (subject to the ACM approva)l. Browse past CVMP papers in the ACM Digital Library<https://dl.acm.org/conference/cvmp/proceedings>.

Short Papers and Technical Abstracts: Submissions are invited in the form of a one-page extended abstract, describing innovative industry practice or academic research. Submissions can also describe work in progress and do not prevent submission of the work elsewhere. Accepted submissions will be presented in poster form at the conference, and will not appear in the ACM Digital Library.

Demos: The demos programme promotes applied research and applications to facilitate collaborations between industrial and academic members of the media production community. Demos do not have to be related to full or short papers accepted at CVMP but should have the form of live demonstrations of media production methods and/or their applications. A one-page paper should be submitted describing the content of the demonstration and an overview of the approach.

Industry Talks: We invite submissions for industry talks showcasing innovative ideas and practice. These should be submitted in the form of a one-page extended abstract describing the proposed talk. Talks will take a similar form to submissions for talks at SIGGRAPH and FMX, and can be talks that have already been presented at other venues.

Submission Dates:

Full Papers deadline: 15 July 2022

Industry Talks deadline: 16 September 2022

Short Papers deadline: 16 September 2022

Demos deadline: 16 September 2022

Papers, Demos and Talks are invited in all areas of visual media production related to film, games and broadcast, including but not limited to:

  *   3D video capture and 3D-TV

  *   Augmented/Mixed/Virtual reality (AR/MR/VR)

  *   Character animation

  *   Computational photography

  *   Computer graphics

  *   Computer vision

  *   Digital and Virtual Humans

  *   High-dynamic-range (HDR) imaging

  *   Image and video synthesis

  *   Image enhancement and restoration

  *   Image/model/asset editing

  *   Interactive media and games

  *   Level of detail (LOD)

  *   Machine learning

  *   Motion estimation

  *   Multiple camera systems

  *   Omni-directional video

  *   Post-production using stereo, 3D and motion

  *   Pre-visualization

  *   Real-time imaging systems

  *   Real-time rendering

  *   Relighting images and video