From:
Lora Oehlberg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lora Oehlberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Aug 2022 20:52:08 +0000
The Computational Media Design (CMD http://www.cmd.ucalgary.ca/) Graduate Program at the University of Calgary is looking for exceptional MSc/PhD students to join our program in January 2023. Successful applicants will become part of a small group of researchers who are exploring exciting relationships among music, art, design, science and technology.

The Computational Media Design Graduate program is composed of the Faculty of Arts including the School of Creative and Performing Arts and Department of Art, the School of Architecture, Planning, and Landscape, and the Department of Computer Science at the University of Calgary. Students who complete the CMD program earn graduate degrees, either Master of Science or PhD, and are funded throughout their studies.

In the expanding world of multimedia and design there is an increasing need for graduates who can conduct and direct complex projects that combine computing expertise with the creative vision and energies of artists and designers. Many opportunities exist for our graduates in companies whose primary business is game design and development, film, TV, web design, simulation, networking, interactive media, and mobile and wearable computing. Interest in our graduates also comes from the creative fields of dance, music, theatre and the visual arts.

Our research-based graduate degrees explore the relationships between and among art, music, design, science and technology. Successful applicants will be supervised by two members of our Faculty (http://www.ucalgary.ca/cmd/people) enabling them to conduct research at the intersection of music, art, design and computer science.

We are located at the vibrant city of Calgary, an hour drive away from the mountains and lakes of the beautiful Canadian Rockies.

Considering applying? Please visit:

CMD MSc: https://grad.ucalgary.ca/future-students/explore-programs/computational-media-design-msc-thesis

CMD PhD: https://grad.ucalgary.ca/future-students/explore-programs/computational-media-design-phd

We are currently looking for a small number of candidates for January 2023 admission, our application deadline is 23 September 2022.