Date:
Thu, 11 Jun 2020 11:45:11 -0700
Web: https://secon2020.ieee-secon.org, Twitter: @secon2020

The 17th annual IEEE International Conference on Sensing, Communication and
Networking (SECON) will run as a virtual conference (i.e., using remote
audio/video support). Amidst these hard times, we are offering a great
opportunity for everyone to join IEEE SECON 2020.

**PROGRAM AND REGISTRATION**

The conference aims to serve as the reference exhibit for state-of-the-art
research supported by implementation and insights gained on all scales of
experimental systems, network architectures, components, and protocols.

Our distinguished keynote speakers include:

* Patrick Baudisch, Potsdam University (DE): “The six challenges for
personal fabrication“

* Shyam Gollakota, University of Washington (US): “Insect-scale Wireless
Robotics”

* Lama Nachman, Intel Fellow & Director of Anticipatory Computing Lab,
Intel Labs (US): “Amplifying Human Potential with AI“

The conference program is available at
https://secon2020.ieee-secon.org/program/
<https://secon2020.ieee-secon.org/program/accepted-papers/>. The main
program is complemented by three workshops: more information available at
https://secon2020.ieee-secon.org/workshops/. Registration covers both the
main conference and the workshops; details are available at
https://secon2020.ieee-secon.org/registration/.

**STUDENTS***

SECON 2020 is proud to announce great registration conditions for students!
At these difficult times, we thought students should be our priority, and
the whole SECON 2020 organizing committee worked hard for that.

* IEEE ComSoc student members can register for free! During the
registration process, simply provide your valid IEEE ComSoc membership ID.

* Non-member students have three options:

   1.

   Become an IEEE ComSoc member!
   The cost is $14. This way, you will be entitled to the free registration
   above. If you already are an IEEE member, the additional cost is only
   $0.50. Further instructions are at
   https://secon2020.ieee-secon.org/registration/
   2.

   Pay the reduced student fee of 14€.
   This fee is about the same as enrolling in IEEE ComSoc. We encourage you
   to do the latter! The IEEE ComSoc membership will last after the conference
   and will provide you free access to other ComSoc conferences.
   3.

   Apply for free registration via a "student participation grant".
   We have set apart some budget to support students that cannot pay the
   14€ as per options 1 and 2 above. Note that these grants are limited to
   availability. The selection criteria will be posted at
   https://secon2020.ieee-secon.org/registration/.

**ORGANIZATION**

General Chairs:

Luca Mottola (Politecnico di Milano, Italy and RI.SE Sweden)

Gian Pietro Picco (University of Trento, Italy)

Program Committee Chairs:

Tarek Abdelzaher (University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, USA)

Sung-Ju Lee (KAIST, Korea)

Cecilia Mascolo (University of Cambridge UK)