From:
Michal Luria <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michal Luria <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jan 2021 17:42:11 -0500
Dear all,

We are excited to announce the 1st International workshop on Research
through Design in HRI <http://rtdxhri.com> in conjunction with HRI2021!
This workshop sets out to bring together researchers on the intersection of
Human-Robot Interaction (HRI) and Design Research that use, or are
interested in using Research through Design methodology (RtD) in their work.

During the workshop we plan to discuss and present RtD work within the
field, attempt to identify barriers in making RtD a more widespread and
accepted form of inquiry, and collaboratively learn how RtD approaches fit
into the larger HRI community. John Zimmerman, one of the founders of the
Research through Design approach, will be the keynote of the workshop. The
workshop will also include a range of short talks from HRI experts and
designers: *Wendy Ju (Cornell University), *Mari Velonaki (UNSW), Michio
Okada (Toyohashi University) and more TBA.

In order to participate, you will be asked to submit a short (2-3 page)
position paper on a relevant topic. The submission deadline is on Feb 15th,
2021. We are excited to bring together a diverse set of participants and
topics, and hope that you will consider participating in our workshop in
this year’s HRI conference. Please let us know if you have any additional
questions! More details at: rtdxhri.com

---

Important Dates

*Submission Deadline:* February 15th, 2021

Notification of Acceptance: February 21st, 2021

Camera-ready Deadline: March 1st, 2021

*Workshop Date: March 8th (morning session), 2021*

---

Organizers

Michal Luria / Carnegie Mellon University

Marius Hoggenmueller / The University of Sydney

Rei Lee / Cornell University

Luke Hespanhol / The University of Sydney

Malte Jung / Cornell University

Jodi Forlizzi / Carnegie Mellon University

Hope to see you there!

--
Michal Luria
Ph.D. Student | Human-Computer Interaction Institute