From:
Anja Exler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anja Exler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jul 2022 01:05:24 +0200
FINAL CfP! :) Looking forward to your contributions and participation at
ABC'2022 online or in London!

---------- CALL FOR PAPERS -----------

The 4th International Conference on Activity and Behavior Computing
October 27th - 29th, 2022, London, United Kingdom (Hybrid)
https://abc-research.github.io/

Human Activity Recognition has been researched in thousands of papers so
far, with mobile / environmental sensors in ubiquitous / pervasive
domains, and with cameras in vision domains. As well, Human Behavior
Analysis is also explored for long-term health care, rehabilitation,
emotion recognition, human interaction, and so on. However, many
research challenges remain for realistic settings, such as complex and
ambiguous activities / behavior, optimal sensor combinations, (deep)
machine learning, data collection, platform systems, and killer
applications.

In this conference, we comprehend such research domains as ABC: Activity
and Behavior Computing, and provide an open and a confluent place for
discussing various aspects and the future of the ABC.

CALL FOR PAPERS

We welcome 4 categories of papers: regular papers, position papers,
survey papers, and challenge papers. The submitted papers are peer
reviewed by expert researchers, and accepted based on the research quality.

Accepted and presented papers will be published as Book Chapters
(indexed in ISI Proceedings, EI-Compendex, SCOPUS, Google Scholar)
(details will be updated soon).

SCOPE
• Mobile sensor-based ABC
• Environmental sensor-based ABC
• Vision-based ABC
• Multimodal ABC
• Physical / semantic analysis of ABC
• Gait analysis
• Sleep analysis
• Emotion recognition / analysis
• ABC with deep learning
• ABC data mining
• Data collection
• ABC systems
• Interactive ABC
• Healthcare applications
• Sports applications
• Business applications
• Tools for industry
• ABC in the wild

CATEGORIES
- Regular papers: full technical contents which describe the accuracy
and performance of ABC Systems, real deployment cases or application of
new paradigms such as deep learning to ABC.
- Survey papers: new perspective or new challenges in ABC based on
literature survey. We do not welcome just compilations of existing
research, but do if it provides new research horizons.
- Challenge papers: we will provide a dataset and accept results for
activity recognition and papers describing the methods and the results.
Please see the Challenge Site for details.
- Position papers: describe the challenges and future directions of ABC
based on problems that arise when systems are deployed in real settings.

IMPORTANT DATES
[Regular/Survey/Position] Paper submission: July 25th, 2022 (Extended)
Review result: August 25th, 2022
Resubmission for conditionally accepted paper: September 5th, 2022
[Challenge] Application close: July 15th, 2022
[Challenge] Result submission: August 1st, 2022
[Challenge] Paper submission: August 10th, 2022
[Challenge] Review result: August 25th, 2022
[Regular/Survey/Position/Challenge] Camera ready and Registration:
  September 10th, 2022
Conference: October 27th - 29th, 2022

COMMITTEE

GENERAL CHAIRS
- Sozo Inoue, Kyushu Institute of Technology / AUTOCARE LLC, Japan
- Atiqur Rahman Ahad, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh

PROGRAM CHAIRS
- Stephan Sigg, Aalto University, Finland
- Guillaume Lopez, Aoyama Gakuin University, Japan

PUBLICITY CHAIRS (TBA)
- Paula Lago, Concordia University, Canada
- Anja Exler, Adastra, Germany

PUBLICATION CHAIR
- Tahera Hossain, Aoyama Gakuin University, Japan

ADVISORY BOARD
- Paul Lukowicz, DFKI, Germany
- Kristof Van Laerhoven, University of Siegen, Germany
- Michael Beigl, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany
- Jeffry Cohn, University of Pittsburgh, USA
- Anind Dey, University of Washinton, USA
- Nobuo Kawaguchi, Nagoya University, Japan

TRAILER VIDEOS
Conference Video Link: https://youtu.be/rZTN9A3guhQ
Challenge Video Link: https://youtu.be/cv7uLWh9vzM