CHI-RESOURCES Archives

ACM SIGCHI Resources (Mailing List)

CHI-RESOURCES@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Carla Nave <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carla Nave <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 2020 18:25:41 +0000
*STUDENT VOLUNTEERS - Call for participation*

Apply here: NordiCHI volunteer web portal
<https://chisv.org/NordiCHI2020/news>

The organizing committee of NordiCHI 2020 is looking for student volunteers
to help make NordiCHI 2020 a fantastic conference. We welcome applications
by certified doctoral and master students in the broad field of
Human-Computer Interaction.

*What will I get from it?*
Being a student volunteer is a very enriching experience. You will get to
meet incredible people and make connections, and be an intrinsic part of a
relevant HCI conference and the Nordic CHI community. Besides, in return
for helping us during the conference, you will also receive several
benefits, including:

   - Free full conference registration (meals included)
   - A unique NordiCHI 2020 SV t-shirt
   - A fabulous SV party

*What will I have to do?*

   - Arrive at the conference in due time
   - Attend the mandatory orientation
   - Work approximately 20 hours during the conference

*What are the requisites?*

   - You need to be a certified doctoral or master student in the broad
   field of Human-Computer Interaction
   - You must have good communication skills in English
   - Plus, we are looking for enthusiastic, reliable, and friendly people,
   both experienced SVs and those new to volunteering

*Important Dates*

*June 3rd '20:*  Submission deadline for student volunteer applications
*June 5th '20:* Notifications regarding student volunteer positions sent to
all applicants
*July 27th '20:* Deadline for confirming the participation as a student
volunteer in NordiCHI2020

*Selection process*We will use the CHI lottery system to select
participants from the applications received by June 3, 2020. Those
volunteers initially selected will be notified by June 5, 2020, so that
they can begin making any necessary arrangements and get involved in the
online student volunteer community. The waiting list will consist of
applications received by the deadline but not initially selected.
Applications received after the deadline will be placed at the end of the
waiting list according to the order in which they are received.

Historically, more students apply than can be accepted, so application by
June 5 is encouraged. However, applicants on the waiting list are often
accepted, so do not be discouraged from applying after the preliminary
deadline. Usually, some volunteers are eventually unable to travel, so
students on the waiting list do get a chance of acceptance.

*Questions?*[log in to unmask]

We hope you will join us in Tallinn in October 2020!

Student volunteer co-chairs
Carla Nave (Universidade Nova de Lisboa)
Mustafa Can Ă–zdemir (Tallinn University)