From:
Nicole Basaraba <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nicole Basaraba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 2021 12:33:28 +0200
*32nd ACM Conference on Hypertext and Social Media*

30 August – 2 September 2021

*A virtual event hosted by the ADAPT Centre, Trinity College Dublin,
Ireland*

The ACM Hypertext and Social Media Conference is a premium venue for high
quality peer-reviewed research on hypertext theory, systems and
applications. It is concerned with all aspects of modern hypertext research
including social media, semantic web, dynamic and computed hypertext and
hypermedia as well as narrative systems and applications.

The theme of ACMHT21 is “Hypertext in a Multimodal World”:

*The hypertext paradigm has transformed the way we store and transfer
knowledge and how we think about information and access it. We access the
same sources via multiple devices, ranging from smart watches and smart
phones to laptops. Information and transactions become ever more visual,
with video increasingly replacing traditional text-based web pages.
Particularly, we use interactive hypertext, news feeds and videos for
getting things done: planning a trip, managing our finances, interacting
with colleagues, friends and family, being productive and creative.*

The Main Tracks for ACMHT21 are:

            1.         Adaptive Web and Recommender Systems

            2.         Social Web

            3.         Semantic Web and NLP

            4.         Human-information Interaction, Search and Retrieval

            5.         Digital Humanities, Games, and Culture

ACM members receive a discount on the conference fee and there are a few
grants available for attendees. Submit an attendance grant application by *27
August 2021!*

For more information and to register, visit:

https://ht.acm.org/ht2021/registration/

Sincerely,
ACMHT21 Publicity Chair

*Dr. Nicole Basaraba*
ADAPT Centre Alumna
O’Reilly Institute email: [log in to unmask]
Trinity College Dublin LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/nicolebasaraba
Dublin 2
Ireland www.adaptcentre.ie
<https://twitter.com/adaptcentre>
<https://www.facebook.com/ADAPTCentre?fref=ts>