From:
Axel Soto <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Axel Soto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Oct 2020 21:44:11 -0300
ACM IUI 2021 - CALL FOR TUTORIAL PROPOSALS
In conjunction with the 26th International Conference on Intelligent User
Interfaces (IUI 2021)
College Station, Texas
April 13-17, 2021
https://iui.acm.org/2021/

Tutorial CO-CHAIRS
Osnat Mokryn, University of Haifa
Vijay Rajanna, Sensel
Emails:

CALL FOR PROPOSALS
We are pleased to invite proposals for tutorials to be held in conjunction
with the conference. The goal of the tutorials is to provide a venue for
presenting research on focused topics of interest and an informal forum to
discuss research questions and challenges. Tutorials are designed to
provide fundamental knowledge and experience on topics related to
intelligent user interfaces, and the intersection between Human-Computer
Interaction (HCI) and Artificial Intelligence (AI).

Note: We encourage you to contact the chairs with your ideas (emails
above), and work together to prepare an exciting proposal.
We encourage proposals for a wide range of tutorials, including but not
limited to:
- "Hands-on" or "project-centric" tutorials around a specific problem or
topic.
- Tutorials on a specific topic relevant to IUI; for example, methods and
approaches in HCI and/or AI, specific techniques or algorithms to develop
intelligent user interfaces, etc.

Tutorials will be held on the first day of the conference. We invite
submissions of proposals for half-day (3 hours) or  full-day (6 hours)
tutorials. Proposals will be reviewed and evaluated by the tutorial
chairs. We encourage you to consider virtual and semi-virtual options for
the tutorial in the submission.

The organizers of accepted tutorials are responsible for producing a call
for participation and publicizing it, such as distributing the call to
relevant newsgroups and electronic mailing lists, and especially to
potential audiences from outside the IUI conference community. Tutorial
organizers are also required to set up their own website with information
about the tutorial and the IUI 2021 web site will refer to this website.

PROPOSAL FORMAT
Tutorial proposals should be maximum 2 pages long and follow the
formatting instructions at
https://www.acm.org/publications/proceedings-template. Please either use
the Word interim template with Libertine fonts downloaded and embedded, or
the LaTex sigconf template.

The proposals should be organized as follows:
- Name and title: A one-word acronym and a full title.

- Description of tutorial topic: This description should discuss the
relevance of the suggested topic to IUI and its interest for the IUI2021
audience. Include a brief discussion of why and for which audience the
tutorial is of particular interest.

- Organizer(s): Names, affiliations, emails, and web pages of the
organizer(s). Provide a brief description of the background of the
organiser(s). Strong proposals normally include organizers who bring
differing perspectives on the topic and are actively connected to the
communities of potential participants. Also please provide a list of other
tutorials organized by the organizers in the past.

- Participants: A statement saying how many participants you expect and
how you plan to invite participants for the tutorial. If possible, include
the names of at least 10 people who have expressed interest to participate
in the tutorial.

-Tutorial format: A brief description of the format regarding the mix of
events or activities, such as teaching activities, hands-on practical
exercises, and general discussion. Please also list here any material you
will make available to tutorial participants, e.g. slides, access to
hardware/software, handouts, etc.

- Planned outcomes of the tutorial: What are you hoping to achieve by the
end of the tutorial.

- Length: Half-day or Full-day.

Please submit your proposal via https://new.precisionconference.com/
selecting the IUI 2021 Tutorials track.

IMPORTANT DATES
Discuss your topic with the workshop and tutorials chairs: ASAP
Proposals due: Wednesday, 25 November 2020
Reviews Sent: Monday, 15 December 2020
Revised Proposal Submissions: Wednesday, 30 December 2020
Notifications to authors: Tuesday, 14 January 2021
Camera-ready for Tutorial summary: Wednesday, 10 February 2021
Tutorials held: Tuesday, 13 April 2021