Sender:
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 2021 01:45:48 +0000
From:
Kerstin Dautenhahn <[log in to unmask]>
The journal Interaction Studies<https://www.jbe-platform.com/content/journals/15720381> is soliciting manuscript submissions in the general topics of social behaviour and communication in humans, animals and robots. This includes social robotics and human-robot interaction (HRI), models of language learning, development and evolution, AI for social robotics, and experimental studies on social interaction/communication between people and machines. We also welcome studies on social cognition, development of social skills, social learning, and culture in humans and other animals.

Regarding HRI and social robotics in particular, we welcome submission in the new, emerging areas of, for example:
- Explainable AI for social robots
- Trustworthy HRI
- Biologically Inspired HRI
- Deep learning for social robotics and HRI
- Heterogenous human-robot teaming
- Ethics for social interaction and human-machine systems
- NLP for dialog and social interaction
- speech interfaces for interactive systems and robots
- multi-agent models on the emergence of communication and language
- evolution of communication and language in humans and other animals
- language learning and interaction in children and adults

Interaction Studies publishes regular research articles as well as short research reports.
We also welcome submissions for special issue proposals and book reviews relevant to interaction studies in humans, animals and robots.

Proposals for Special Issues in the above topics are also welcome.

Submission guidelines and procedures can be found on the journal's website: https://benjamins.com/catalog/is/submission

Inquiries can be sent to:
Kerstin Dautenhahn, Waterloo University, Canada, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Angelo Cangelosi, University of Manchester, UK, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>