Sender:
Date:
Wed, 30 Sep 2020 16:24:09 +0200
From:
Simone Kriglstein <[log in to unmask]>
Dear friends of TEI,

***Sorry for cross-posting***

we are happy to announce that the call for papers for the TEI2021
Work-in-Progress track is out (see
https://tei.acm.org/2021/participate/work-in-progress/)!
The Work-in-Progress track in TEI2021 is the venue for presenting your
cutting-edge findings, front-line innovations, or thought-provoking work
that is relevant to the TEI community, and truly in progress.
Work-in-Progress provides a unique opportunity for sharing ideas,
eliciting feedback on early-stage work, and fostering discussions and
collaborations among colleagues.

IMPORTANT DATES:

Submission deadline October 16, 2020, midnight AoE
Notification of acceptance November 20, 2020, midnight AoE
Camera-ready deadline tba
Conference dates February 14-17, 2021, midnight AoE

We encourage researchers and practitioners to submit intermediate
reports on high-potential, original, imaginative research projects,
preferably within the theme of the conference The Art of Interaction. We
welcome promising results, early prototypes, inspiring problems and
ideas, puzzling research data, outstanding problems, horizons, and
conceptual analyses that are all grounded in solid – yet unfinished –
research and design work. We encourage tangible, embedded, and embodied
interaction projects that, although in progress today, promise to become
hotly debated breakthroughs in the future.

We are all aware of the current difficulty in planning conferences. Many
of us had to cancel studies or even cannot access their labs. Moreover,
we do not know how the travel situation is developing over the next few
months. However, the TEI’21 organisation team is very excited to plan a
physical TEI in Salzburg. Of course, if the circumstances require it, we
may switch to an alternative way to present our research and to meet
with our lovely TEI community. So please do not hesitate to submit. We
will find ways to run TEI’21 in a way that best fits the future
situation.
Accepted submissions will be included in the ACM Digital Library
proceedings.

Your TEI’21 Work in Progress  Chairs
Tanja Döring
Christopher Frauenberger