From:
Asreen Rostami <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Asreen Rostami <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 2021 17:17:40 +0100
Dear all,

We apologies if you receive multiple copies of this email from different channels, but we hope to reach out to as many PhD students as possible in different communities who might find this call relevant and useful to their research. We would appreciate if you pass this call to the PhD students in your network.

Thanks.
Asreen Rostami, PhD
RISE Research Institutes of Sweden
ACM IMX’21 Doctoral Consortium Chair: https://imx.acm.org <https://imx.acm.org/>

We invite Submission from PhD students to the IMX Doctoral Consortium 2021.

Key Info
Submission deadline: 4th April 2021
Accepted DC Submissions receive:
Mentorship from senior community members, and other students
Free registration for both the DC event and IMX’21 conference
More details at the IMX 2021 DC Website <https://imx.acm.org/2021/index.php/participation/doctoral-consortium/>
ACM IMX is the leading international conference on Interactive Media Experiences <http://imx.acm.org/2021/> for presentation and discussion of research into interactive media experiences. The conference brings together international researchers and practitioners from a wide range of disciplines, ranging from human-computer interaction, multimedia engineering and design to media studies, media psychology and sociology.
Who would benefit from IMX 2021 DC
If you’ve established what your PhD research questions will be, but have still got at least a year before submission of your dissertation or thesis, then that ‘middle period’ of a PhD is a great time to benefit from IMX’s Doctoral Consortium (‘the DC’), especially if your work is relevant to themes listed at DC Website <https://imx.acm.org/2021/index.php/participation/doctoral-consortium/>. .

IMX DC is a part of the IMX conference being held virtually in New York. At the DC, you’ll get the chance to give a presentation of your work, get feedback from a group of invited senior members of the community with expertise in the area to give comments/suggestions on your research.
Submission
We need two documents from you to apply for participation.

PhD Paper:  2-4 page long SIGCHI Extended Abstract paper <https://imx.acm.org/2021/index.php/participation/submission-template/> about the research problem, methods, anticipated contribution, current status and goals
Optional but encouraged Supporting Materials: short CV, short list of key readings relevant to your work and researchers in your field, and/or a short video

The DC chairs will award the author of the best DC submission with IMX’s Doctoral Consortium Award, to be presented as part of the conference virtual social event. You will also be asked to present a poster at the main conference. Details of virtual conference and how to prepare for poster presentation will be shared later, closer to the conference. Your paper will be published in the IMX 2021 Adjunct Proceedings (archived with a DOI on FigShare).

For further details on scope, submission route or any other issues, please read the full details at the IMX DC 2021 Website <https://imx.acm.org/2021/index.php/participation/doctoral-consortium/> . You can also get in touch with the DC Chairs at: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Asreen Rostami, RISE (Sweden)
(Ni)Tesh Goyal, Jigsaw, Google (United States)

We look forward to reading your papers. Good Luck!