From:
Hui Shyong Yeo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Hui Shyong Yeo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 2021 23:05:37 +0000
[Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this Call for Submission]

TEI2022 Call for Work in Progress, Art and Performance, Studios, Student Design Competition and Graduate School Consortium

TEI 2022

16th ACM International Conference on Tangible, Embedded and Embodied Interaction

February 13 - 16 2022
https://tei.acm.org/2022/

There are multiple deadlines upcoming for TEI2022 (all October 25, 2021 AoE)
-Work in Progress
-Art and Performance
-Studios
-Student Design Competition
-Graduate School Consortium

1. Work in Progress, Deadline: October 25, 2021 AoE
https://tei.acm.org/2022/participate/work-in-progress/

The Work-in-Progress track in TEI2022 is the venue for presenting cutting-edge findings, front-line innovations, or thought-provoking work that is relevant to the TEI community, and truly in progress. Work-in-Progress provides a unique opportunity for sharing ideas, eliciting feedback on early-stage work, and fostering discussions and collaborations among colleagues.

2. Art and Performance, Deadline: October 25, 2021 AoE
https://tei.acm.org/2022/participate/art/

The art and performance track at TEI seeks interactive artworks and performances that articulate and provoke alternative viewpoints to facilitate the discussion around the TEI theme of tangible interaction design.

3. Studios, Deadline: October 25, 2021 AoE
https://tei.acm.org/2022/participate/studios/

TEI 2022 invites proposals for one-day Studio activities, which will take place on Sunday February 13, Anywhere on Earth, hosted at KAIST (Daejeon, Korea).
Studios are a format unique to the TEI conference, providing researchers the opportunity to deeply engage with the materials, methods and processes used in their research. Traditionally, studios provide hands-on experiences during which participants are introduced to new technologies, materials, prototypes, design approaches, et cetera.

4. Student Design Competition, Deadline: October 25, 2021 AoE
https://tei.acm.org/2022/participate/student-design-competition/

For the Student Design Challenge (SDC), we invite students to contribute by submitting a vision video and, and if elected a physical prototype which will be exhibited at the TEI conference. We do not expect to receive functional fabrication machines, but rather probes, mock-ups, videos and/or scenarios of machines that go beyond what we can build right now. We expect to see how the machines (or organisms/systems…) will be used, and in what context as well as a short list of technical/social "breakthroughs" that would have to happen for this to become mainstream (or a strong argument why this should happen yesterday rather than tomorrow). The high-level goal is to provoke discussion and speculation as to how we can design that future

5. Graduate School Consortium, Deadline: October 25, 2021 AoE
https://tei.acm.org/2022/participate/graduate-student-consortium/

TEI2022 will host a Graduate Student Consortium aimed at junior researchers currently in postgraduate degree programs (i.e. doctoral programs in research fields, and master’s programs in the arts) in an area relevant for the Tangible, Embedded and Embodied Interaction community. Traditionally the TEI GSC is focused on meeting other TEI graduate students as well as more experienced TEI researchers to exchange perspectives, share experiences and sharpen the research. The theme for TEI 22 is: “Making. Things. Think.” The conference will examine the design of autonomous things and the impact these technologies will have on our daily life in the future. While submissions on all topics related to TEI are welcome at the GSC, we particularly encourage submissions that address aspects of this theme.