PODC Archives

ACM PODC Participants List

PODC@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Date:
Tue, 29 Nov 2016 18:06:40 -0000
Sender:
ACM PODC Participants List <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Mark Manulis <[log in to unmask]>
Prospective applicants can contact me at [log in to unmask] or any of the contacts in the advert.

---

Surrey Centre for Cyber Security at the University of Surrey invites applications for 2 permanent posts of Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Secure Systems within the Department of Computer Science.

Further details and instructions for applying are at http://jobs.surrey.ac.uk/083116

Salary range: GBP 39324 to GBP 46924

Closing date: Friday 2nd December, 2016 (contact us to discuss extension)

Surrey Centre for Cyber Security has 14 academics with research activities in core technical areas of Cyber Security. It has received substantial investment from the university and is recognized as an Academic Centre of Excellence for Cyber Security Research by GCHQ.

Applicants should have a PhD in a relevant subject or equivalent professional experience. An ability to produce high quality outputs is also required. The appointed candidates will be expected to contribute to all aspects of the Department's activities. We aim to attract outstanding candidates with strong visions for research, combined with a growing international research profile, a passion for teaching, and who value collaborative research and working in a team.

We aim to attract candidates that will conduct research in areas such as trusted computing, safety verification, security verification, data privacy, cyber-physical and internet of things security, cloud or mobile security, machine learning and data analytics applied to security, human aspects of cyber security, formal methods and applied cryptography. We are seeking individuals that can contribute to fundamental research and turn it into practice. We welcome applications from candidates whose research areas complement the existing research of the group.

We are looking for individuals that can inspire students through their curiosity for leading-edge aspects of technology.  In particular, the teaching duties of the role include: delivering high quality teaching to all levels of students, supervising undergraduate project students and postgraduate dissertations and contributing to the teaching of security and other practical areas of Computer Science, such as computer networking, network security, web-based architectures and concurrency.

These are full-time and permanent positions. The posts are available from January 2017 but there is flexibility in the start date. The University is located close to the Surrey Research Park in Guildford and within easy commuting distance of London.

For further details and an informal discussion please contact Dr Helen Treharne, Head of Department at [log in to unmask] and Professor Steve Schneider, Director of Surrey Centre for Cyber Security at [log in to unmask] .

The University is committed to building a culturally diverse organization and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.

Further information about the Department of Computer Science is available at: http://www.surrey.ac.uk/cs
Further information about the Surrey Centre for Cyber Security is available at: http://www.surrey.ac.uk/sccs/

--
Dr. Mark Manulis
Associate Professor (Senior Lecturer) in Security

Department of Computer Science
University of Surrey, Guildford
GU2 7XH United Kingdom

phone   +44(0)1483 68 3911