Sender:
From:
Euan W Dempster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 15:30:09 +0100
****** With apologies for multiple postings and cross postings. ******

***************          Call for participation        ***************
***************           Appel a communication        ***************

***************       10-14 Septembre/September 2001   ***************
***************                  Lille                 ***************

***************              IHM-HCI 2001              ***************
***************   (incorporating IHM2001 and HCI2001)  ***************

***************        Interaction without frontiers   ***************
***************         Interaction sans frontieres    ***************

**** http://www.ihm-hci2001.org (also http://www.ihm-hci2001.com  ****
     ==========================       http://www.hci2001.com
                                      http://www.ihm2001.com

Introduction
------------

AFIHM and the British HCI Group are combining their annual conferences in 2001,
bringing   together the best features of each organisation's separate conference
series and providing a   special opportunity for the French- and
English-speaking HCI communities to interact.
Human-Computer Interaction is a discipline well-suited to such a
multi-linguistic and   multi-cultural conference, since it brings together
researchers and practitioners from a   variety of disciplines with very
different ways of thinking and working. As a community we   are already used to
tackling the challenges of working across such boundaries, dealing with   the
problems and taking advantage of the richness of the resulting insights.
We invite you to join us in this novel enterprise. Those familiar with either
organisation's   previous conferences will not be disappointed, in terms of the
experience and the quality of   the work reported. The combination provides
added value. To achieve universal usability, we   must take every opportunity to
cross cultural and linguistic boundaries: interaction without   frontiers.

Important dates
---------------

Submission deadlines:
- 26th January 2001 (Full papers and tutorials)
- 30th April 2001 (All other submissions, camera ready)
Notification of acceptance:
- 30th March 2001 (Full papers and tutorials)
- 12th June 2001 (All other submissions)
Camera ready for proceedings:
- 7th May 2001 (Full papers and tutorials)

* Dr. Lachlan M. MacKinnon
* Internet Publicity,
* IHM-HCI 2001 Conference.
* http://www.ihm-hci2001.org