From:
Rita Orji <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rita Orji <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 2021 23:23:33 +0000
ADAPPT 2021: Adaptive and Personalized Persuasive Technologies Workshop 2021 ~ https://adappt2019.wordpress.com/

Call for Participation
This workshop will bring together researchers in the area of personalization and persuasive technology to brainstorm, share their ideas, opinions, and experiences on the state of the art, challenges, and a way forward in this area. This workshop will be an avenue for researchers to explore the following topics:
•  Frameworks and models for developing personalized and adaptive persuasive technology.
•  Objective and subjective approaches to personalizing and adapting persuasive technologies.
•    Methods and metrics for evaluating the effectiveness of personalized and adaptive persuasive technology.
•    Long-term evaluation and evidence of long-term effect of personalized and adaptive persuasive technology interventions.
•     Methods for large-scale computational personalization.
•     Systematically investigating and highlighting the difference between     Adaptivity and Adoptivity.
•     Systematically investigating and highlighting the difference between system-controlled personalization and user-controlled personalization.
• The relationships between individual characteristics and the effectiveness of various persuasive technology features.
•   How to balance the cost and benefit of personalizing and adapting persuasive technology.
•  How to develop ethical and privacy-sensitive personalized and adaptive persuasive technology.
•  What do we personalize (for example, do we personalize the persuasive strategies, approaches, or end-goals)?
•     How do we personalize (e.g., subjective and objective personalization methods)?
• Who do we personalize for (e.g., personality, gender, age, persuadability, player types, emotional states, contextual/situational variables)?
•     Challenges and limitations of implementing personalized and adaptive persuasive technology and possible solutions.
•   Case studies and examples of personalized and adaptive persuasive technologies.
•     Success and failure stories with regard to personalizing and adaptive persuasive technology.

Important Dates

  *   March 26, 2021: Submission deadline
  *   Please submit your papers via  easy chair:   https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=adappt2021
  *   April 19, 2021: Acceptance notification
  *   May 7, 2021: Camera-ready version due
  *   June 21, 2021: Workshop

Participants are invited to Submit

  *   Position papers (2–4 pages)
  *   Work-in-progress papers (4–7 pages)
  *   Full research papers (6-14 pages)

Organizing Committee

  *   Kiemute Oyibo, University of Waterloo, Canada
  *   Ifeoma Adaji, University of Saskatchewan, Canada
  *   Rita Orji, Dalhousie University, Canada
  *   Jaap Ham, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands
  *   Julita Vassileva, University of Saskatchewan, Canada

Publication

ADAPPT 2021 proceedings will be published in the ACM UMAP 2021 Adjunct Proceedings

Venue

The workshop will be held online in conjunction with ACM UMAP 2021, Utrecht, Netherlands.

--

Rita Orji, PhD
Canada Research Chair in Persuasive Technology