PODC Archives

ACM PODC Participants List

PODC@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Sender:
ACM PODC Participants List <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Darek Kowalski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Dec 2013 21:25:57 +0000
The Department of Computer Science at the University of Liverpool offers a
number of PhD positions in the research fields pursued in the department.
We have up to 15 positions available in EEECS, starting in the academic
year 2014/15.

Our research themes include, among others:

- algorithmic game theory and mechanism design
- algorithms and data structures
- computational complexity and computability theory
- database theory
- distributed and parallel computing
- graph algorithms
- network and congestion games
- network communication
- scheduling and energy optimisation

To learn more about our research environment, staff, and students, we
encourage you to study the pages of two research groups covering various
topics in distributed computing and networks:

Algorithms http://intranet.csc.liv.ac.uk/research/ctag/

Economics and Computation http://intranet.csc.liv.ac.uk/research/ecco/

and the other two groups on

Agents http://intranet.csc.liv.ac.uk/research/agents/

Logic and Computation http://intranet.csc.liv.ac.uk/research/logics/

and to contact prospective supervisors to discuss a research topic before
you apply.

You can apply through http://www.liv.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/applying/

The deadline for this application round is

 			Friday, February 28.

While applications will be possible until all positions are filled, your
chances will be increased by applying before this deadline.

Please do not hesitate to ask [log in to unmask] if you have any
questions.

For further information regarding research related to distributed
computing and networks please contact professors:
Leszek Gasieniec ([log in to unmask])
Darek Kowalski ([log in to unmask])
Paul Spirakis ([log in to unmask])

write to: mailto:[log in to unmask]