SMARTCOMP 2021 NSF Participation grants for US-based students - Due August 1, 2021 (via EDAS)
The 7th IEEE International Conference on Smart Computing (IEEE SMARTCOMP 2021) is pleased to announce participation grants for US based students to attend the conference and co-located events (Workshops, Ph.D. Forum, WiP, Industry Track, Demo sessions, etc.) to be held virtually in on August 23-27, 2021. Funds for this participation support, which reimburses the conference registration fee, have been provided by the US National Science Foundation (NSF).
This funding is available only to full time students attending colleges and universities in the US. Underrepresented minority and women students from diverse US institutions are particularly encouraged to apply. Although student authors may be given priority for participation awards, exceptional undergraduate research students (e.g., NSF REU students), MS research students, PhD and beginning post-doctoral researchers may also be considered even though they may not be authors of accepted papers. To be eligible, US based students (referred to as "you") must apply via EDAS no later than Sunday, August 1, 2021.
To apply for travel support, please do the following:
1. Obtain a letter from your advisor/professor confirming that:
- You are currently a full-time research student in good standing in a US institution and working in areas related to smart computing,
- You will be attending the entire IEEE SMARTCOMP conference and associated events.
2. Write a personal statement describing your research interests and accomplishments to date, how you wish to benefit from attending SMARTCOMP 2021. Indicate your full-time student status (B.S., M.S., Ph.D. or postdoc).
3. Upload the above documents, along with your two-page CV, on EDAS as part of the "SMARTCOMP 2021 NSF supported participation grant for US based students".
This participation grant reimburses advance SMARTCOMP registrations. Student participation grants are available in the form of reimbursements that are sent only after the completion of the conference and receipt of all required documents and receipts. Several grants will be awarded with the value equivalent to the SMARTCOMP student registration fee of $100.
For any questions, please contact the SMARTCOMP 2021 NSF Travel Award Chair, Sajal K. Das at [log in to unmask]
August 1, 2021: Student Application Submission Deadline (via EDAS)
August 10, 2021: Advisor Letter Submission Deadline (via EDAS)
August 16, 2021: Award Decisions Made
August 23-27, 2021: IEEE SMARTCOMP Conference and Affiliated Events
[log in to unmask]
If you don't already have a password for the LISTSERV.ACM.ORG server, we recommend
that you create one now. A LISTSERV password is linked to your email
address and can be used to access the web interface and all the lists to
which you are subscribed on the LISTSERV.ACM.ORG server.
To create a password, visit:
Once you have created a password, you can log in and view or change your
subscription settings at: