CHI-EDUCATION Archives

ACM SIGCHI Education Mailing List (EduCHI)

CHI-EDUCATION@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Caroline Pitt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Caroline Pitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2022 21:15:53 -0500
Dear Colleagues,

The purpose of this email is to both provide an update/reminder on the call for proposals for EduCHI 2022 and create a list of people who are willing to review papers for the EduCHI 2022 symposium: https://educhi2022.hcilivingcurriculum.org (papers will be sent to reviewers mid-February), and for that we need your help as someone who is knowledgeable and has interest in HCI or design education.

For those interested in submitting or reviewing, we anticipate submissions within five different categories (https://educhi2022.hcilivingcurriculum.org/for-authors/). More details on submission types are available on the website.

In terms of reviews, we ask for a review somewhere between only an accept/reject decision and a full submission to CHI or similar conferences. We hope this will allow you to take on 1–2 reviews to help support our community. Also, feel free to forward this email to a colleague or late-stage doctoral student with relevant expertise that may be interested in joining as a reviewer.

Please let us know if you are willing and available to review submissions for the Symposium by Thursday, February 10th by answering the questions in the following short survey: https://forms.gle/EQesc41UocHXwkxx9 We would greatly appreciate your support if possible (even one review is helpful)!

If you have any questions, please contact the technical program co-chairs:
Colin M Gray ([log in to unmask]), Carine Lallemand ([log in to unmask]), or Leigh Ellen Potter ([log in to unmask])

IMPORTANT DATES:

11 February: Papers due
15 February: Papers will be sent to the reviewers
28 February: Reviews should be completed and submitted
3 March: Acceptance notifications sent
TBD April: Camera-ready submissions due
TBD April: Accepted papers available online
TBD: EduCHI 2022 Virtual (?) Symposium
EduCHI 2022: 4th Annual Symposium on HCI Education

A CHI 2022 Symposium, April-May 2022 (TBD)

https://educhi2022.hcilivingcurriculum.org/

Twitter: HCI_Education

Organizers

Craig M. MacDonald (Symposium General Co-Chair), Pratt Institute

Olivier St-Cyr (Symposium General Co-Chair), University of Toronto

Colin M. Gray (Technical Program Co-Chair), Purdue University

Leigh Ellen Potter (Technical Program Co-Chair), Griffith University

Carine Lallemand (Technical Program Co-Chair), TU Eindhoven / University of Luxembourg

Eunice Sari (Publications Co-Chair), UX Indonesia

Deepak Ranjan Padhi (Publications Co-Chair), IIT Bombay

Anna Vasilchenko (Accessibiility Co-Chair), Swansea University

Jaisie Sin (Accessibiility Co-Chair), University of Toronto

Anna Carter (Social Events Chair), Newcastle University

Caroline Pitt (Social Media Chair), Uniiversity of Washington

Ajit G. Pillai (Web Chair), University of Sydney

Sincerely,

Caroline Pitt