From:
Martin Porcheron <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Martin Porcheron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Sep 2022 04:43:07 -0400
Dear friends,

The ACM Conversational User Interfaces (CUI, pronounced cooey) 2023 conference will be in Eindhoven, The Netherlands, from 19–21st July 2023. We are excited to have our conference theme of "designing for inclusive conversations". Our call for papers is shared below and more information can be found on our website:

https://www.conversationaluserinterfaces.org/2023/

We now invite the submission of research papers, describing original work that has not been previously published, not accepted for publication elsewhere, and is not simultaneously submitted or currently under review in another journal or conference (including the other tracks of CUI 2023).

We particularly encourage the submission of high-quality replication studies in addition to well-designed studies with null results. Papers are original contributions from a broad range of disciplines including human-computer interaction, computer science, engineering, speech technology, linguistics, psychology, cognitive sciences, sociology, and other cognate disciplines.

//////
////// KEY DATES
//////

Abstracts metadata due: Wed 15th Feb 2023
Papers due: 22nd Feb 2023
Notifications: 29th March 2023
Shepherded & conditional accepted drafts due: 20th April 2023
Final notifications: 27th April 2023
Camera-ready/TAPS due: 11th May 2023

All deadlines are at 23:59 Anywhere on Earth (https://time.is/Anywhere_on_Earth)

//////
////// SUBMISSION AND PEER REVIEW FOR 2023
//////

Submissions of research papers must be in English, in PDF format, anonymised, and approximately 6,000-8,000 words. Submissions above 8,000 words or below 5,000 words, will be considered for desk rejection. Papers whose lengths are incommensurate with their contributions will be rejected.

You must use the ACM LaTeX proceedings or Word Interim templates to prepare your submission. We strongly encourage the use of the Overleaf LaTeX template.

We ask you to make sure that your submission is accessible for all users. To accomplish this, please follow the SIGCHI Guide to an Accessible Submission.

All papers will be reviewed by two external reviewers and one ‘Associate Chair’ (2AC), with one ‘Associate Chair’ (1AC) leading the reviewing process and writing a meta-review. Reviewers will receive their reviews along with a decision from the reviewing process. Papers for which there is a very high agreement among reviewers regarding recommendation for inclusion in the proceedings will receive early acceptance decisions. All accept decisions are conditional and will be checked by the 1AC before final acceptance.

A small number of papers that may require further revisions will be shepherded (equivalent to major revisions or light revise & resubmit), with 3 weeks allocated for authors to coordinate the revisions with the AC coordinating each paper. This may include targeted revisions to specific parts of the original submission addressing the most significant points raised by the reviewers, or alternative forms as deemed appropriate by the AC.

Authors will be given an oral presentation slot at the conference. The specific details of this presentation will be provided closer to the conference.

//////
////// MORE INFORMATION AND QUESTIONS
//////

Details and links to templates are available from the webpage: https://www.conversationaluserinterfaces.org/2023/submit/papers/

If you have questions, please contact the CUI 2023 Papers chairs: [log in to unmask]