From:
Martin Halvey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Martin Halvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2022 17:03:52 +0000
The ACM SIGIR Conference on Human Information Interaction and Retrieval (CHIIR), pronounced "cheer", provides a forum for the dissemination and discussion of research on the user-centered aspects of information interaction and information retrieval. CHIIR focuses on elements such as human involvement in search activities, and information seeking and use in context.

We are seeking nominations for CHIIR steering committee members. The positions are typically for three years and will start after this year's CHIIR in mid-March 2022. The current and past members are listed here -  https://chiir.org/committee.php

A qualified nominee should be a scholar with connections to the CHIIR community and a commendable record of publishing in IR, HCI, and related areas. Self-nominations are encouraged. We are especially looking for candidates who would help us increase our diversity along multiple dimensions. Nominations should be sent to the steering committee chair Martin Halvey ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) with a brief statement and a CV by February 25 (AOE) 2022.

Dr Martin Halvey
Reader (Associate Professor) in Multimodal Interaction
Deputy Head of Department
Director Postgraduate Teaching
Department of Computer and Information Sciences
University of Strathclyde