From:
Martin Halvey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Martin Halvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jun 2022 09:08:20 +0000
CUI 2022 is an ACM in-cooperation conference in Glasgow, Scotland, from 26-28th July 2022. There has been an increasing interest in language-based interactions with technology. Driven by the commercial success of intelligent personal assistant devices such as Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, the number of natural language and conversation-based interactions is growing in commercial settings. Following the successful inaugural ACM In-Cooperation conference in 2019 and the virtual conferences in 2020 and 2021, CUI 2022 aims to further develop a collaborative community around human-computer interaction issues in speech and language technology, with a specific interest in theory-based and applied scientific issues in the field of speech and text-based conversational user interfaces. Thus CUI 2022 further looks to bring together relevant communities (e.g., ISCA, ACM SIGCHI, CogSci, CHIIR), to publish, disseminate and showcase high-quality cutting-edge research related to the field, promote insight and debate in this exciting and essential discipline within language interfaces.

IMPORTANT DATES

===

* Early-bird registration: June 23, 2022

* Regular registration: June 24 - July 15, 2022

* Late registration:  July 15 - July 22, 2022

* Conference: July 26-28, 2022

REGISTRATION

===

Registration and details on registration rate are available at https://www.conversationaluserinterfaces.org/2022/attendees/registration/ There will be no on site registration. We have discounted rates available for those registering in countries designated by ACM as "economically developing".  While we encourage attendance in person, remote attendance is also supported

PROGRAMME:

===
We have a variety of paper presentations including full papers, provocation papers, posters and demos. A full list of papers can be found at https://www.conversationaluserinterfaces.org/2022/programme/accepted-papers/ The programme also includes keynote speakers (Cathy Pearl, Google; Elizabeth Stokoe, Loughborough University; Dr Saul Albert, Loughborough University; Jane Stuart-Smith, University of Glasgow  ), a doctoral event and special interest groups, more details can be found at https://www.conversationaluserinterfaces.org/2022/programme/ We also have a range of social events throughout the city.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you to Glasgow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMNB7pLiJB4

Martin, Mary Ellen, Jeff (General Chairs)