MM-INTEREST Archives

ACM SIGMM Interest List

MM-INTEREST@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Carsten Griwodz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carsten Griwodz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2022 09:13:48 +0100
Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Multisensory Remote Interaction
at the Department of Informatics, University of Oslo

Application deadline: 28.2.2022

Remote communication shapes our lives by allowing us to study, work and
entertain ourselves remotely. The majority of our remote experience,
however, consist of audiovisual communication or interaction in virtual
worlds. True physical actions in remote environments are still a major
challenge. Acting remotely in an intuitive and natural manner feels
neither fluid, smooth nor accurate and we cannot experience the effects
of interactions using our natural senses.

We explore remote interaction from network support to human perception.
The successful applicant is expected to push the boundaries of
multimodal remote interaction with multisensory feedback to create more
immersive experiences. The core of the work is the exploration of
personalized action and feedback prediction that relies on machine
learning to hide the delays that remain in an otherwise optimized
distributed system. Experimental studies are used to explore the human
tolerance to the delay and accuracy of actions and feedback.

The fellowship is a full-time position with a duration of four years.

For more information, please contact:
Carsten Griwodz: [log in to unmask], or
Özgü Alay, [log in to unmask]

More detailed information can be found at:
https://www.jobbnorge.no/en/available-jobs/job/219799/postdoctoral-research-fellow-in-multisensory-remote-interaction

If you don't already have a password for the LISTSERV.ACM.ORG server, we recommend
that you create one now. A LISTSERV password is linked to your email
address and can be used to access the web interface and all the lists to
which you are subscribed on the LISTSERV.ACM.ORG server.

To create a password, visit:

https://LISTSERV.ACM.ORG/SCRIPTS/WA-ACMLPX.CGI?GETPW1

Once you have created a password, you can log in and view or change your
subscription settings at:

https://LISTSERV.ACM.ORG/SCRIPTS/WA-ACMLPX.CGI?SUBED1=MM-INTEREST