The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at the University of Southern Denmark (Campus Odense) invites applications for a PhD scholarship in computer science funded by the Grand Solutions project PREPARE. The successful applicant would become part of the Data Science & Statistics research group.
The proposed starting date is 1 July 2023 or soon thereafter. The appointment will be made for a term of three years at a competitive salary and will follow the PhD study programme at the Faculty of Science. Application deadline: 11 April 2023.
The ideal candidate has a background in or experience with one or more of the following topics:
- Health data
- Machine learning method development
- Explainable AI.
The successful candidate will contribute to the development of an advanced home test for assessing the risk of cardiovascular diseases by:
- Developing and evaluating machine learning methods on synthetic and real health data.
- Fine-tuning predictive models based on insights with XAI methods.
- Developing tailored XAI methods.
- Collaborating closely with clinical and data analysis experts.
For more information and how to apply, pleaase see:
To unsubscribe from the DBWorld mailing list please visit https://dbworld.sigmod.org and follow the unsubscribe directions given there.