MOD-DBWORLD Archives

DBWorld @ ACM SIGMOD

MOD-DBWORLD@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Prasenjit Mitra <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2023 22:47:39 -0400
1st CIKM International Workshop on Knowledge Extraction and Management for Wildlife Conservation (InfoWild 2023)

Data analytics and artificial intelligence has an important role to play in wildlife conservation. We are in the midst of the 6th mass extinction. Our future is only sustainable if we can preserve our biodiversity. Several challenges such as human-wildlife conflict, poaching, loss of habitat, etc. can be addressed to some extent using AI and DA.

The objective of this workshop is to bring together interested researchers and practitioners in artificial intelligence and data analytics and ecology and wildlife conservations to share preliminary results, discuss emerging issues and their solutions, and build a community that can together address this pressing challenge.

We invite you to join in any way you see fit in this effort. See: https://wildinfo.ist.psu.edu/ for the formal call.

Deadline: 30th August, 2023 (may be extended)