MOD-DBWORLD Archives

DBWorld @ ACM SIGMOD

MOD-DBWORLD@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2024 00:50:18 -0500
The annual BIOKDD workshop is an established forum for researchers and practitioners of Bioinformatics and Data Mining to explore cutting-edge techniques and to exchange ideas and experiences. BIOKDD has been successfully held in conjunction with SIGKDD for 22 years. This year's KDD conference will be held in Barcelona, Spain in August, and the tentative workshop date is August 25, 2024.

We are looking for 1 to 2 co-organizers (Program Chairs) with strong background in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology for BIOKDD 2024.
We are particularly interested in finding a co-organizer local in Europe, though Bioinformatics researchers (with doctoral degree, such as professors in universities or researchers in industrial research labs) in all regions are welcome. This is a voluntary academic service, not a paid job.

Some past workshop websites can be accessed from:
https://biokdd.org/biokdd23/
https://biokdd.org/biokdd22/
https://biokdd.org/biokdd21/
https://biokdd.org/biokdd20/
https://biokdd.org/biokdd19/
https://biokdd.org/biokdd18/

Each year, we will invite some renowned speakers to give talks in addition to paper presentations, and here are some examples:
https://biokdd.org/biokdd21/keynote.html
https://biokdd.org/biokdd20/keynote.html

After the workshop, we usually invite papers of good quality for journal submission in BIOKDD special issue in ACM/IEEE TCBB, and workshop organizers serve as guest editors.

We expect the Program Chairs to be available for traveling to KDD and host the BIOKDD 2024 workshop in August, and providing other related services (e.g., workshop announcement/advertisement, reviewer coordination).
If you are interested, please send an email to [log in to unmask] (Da Yan, Indiana University Bloomington) as soon as possible but no later than February 25th with your information such as personal website (and if available, your CV). We will evaluate and let you know our decision as soon as we can.