Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 12:49:29 -0400
From:
Michael Feldman <[log in to unmask]>
Hi all -

Aonix' ObjectAda has a Java byte-code back end and a set of
Java API bindings. I'll let someone from Aonix discuss whether they
are keeping these bindings in sync with Java API changes. I haven't
used it in several years, so I'm not up to date on current details.
We did do a couple of projects at GW using it; check out

http://www.seas.gwu.edu/ada

It is also fairly well known that ACT is developing a byte-code
back end for GNAT. I suggest writing to [log in to unmask] (or contacting ACT
directly) to ask about the general structure of this project. ACT
doesn't talk about schedules (as we know), but they've ben working on this
for over a year - they were discussing it at conferences in 1998.

Mike Feldman