Date:
Wed, 10 May 2000 08:10:11 -0700
From:
"Robert C. Leif, Ph.D." <[log in to unmask]>
From: Bob Leif
To: Rush Kester et al.
It is time to leap-frog the competition. Ada needs Ada.XML_IO. The
specification of XML_Io should include an XML document type definition, DTD,
for Ada. I highly recommend Inside XML DTDs by St. Laurent and Biggar McGraw
Hill, Part of ISBN 0-07-134621-X. Tom Moran has already created a prototype
server that runs locally. This means that the combination of Ada and XML
should provide a truly portable system that really runs everywhere:
Client-Server, Local Host and Operating System independent through Ada and
Ada.POSIX calls.

With ASIS it is now possible to make the much of the internals of tools
portable. With a  XML DTD for Ada, the front ends could run under a browser
and thus, also be portable.