From:
Mike Brenner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Brenner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Apr 1998 08:20:36 -0400
Bob Leif suggested (below) that Ada-95 be treated asthe successful
successor to Java. This is a good marketing strategy and would be
timely today. The only technical problem with it is the missing
a bunch of interfaces. There is no standard way to light up dots,
get ppp or serial bytes or keystrokes, or do the standard containers
and communications classes.

It seems that we should put together an estimate for funding this,
seek the funding, and then put together these interfaces.

Mike

Bob Leif said:
treat Ada as
a new product. Ada 95 is the successor to Java! Ada is an excellent tool
for developing software including web applications developed according to
Rational's object based software development methodology.  Virtually all of
the market except for Defense contractors have minimal, if any knowledge of
Ada. Therefore, Ada is a new product for them. I must emphasize that this
is a comment on marketing strategy; it has nothing to do with science,
history, or any other field where chronology is a real consideration.