Date:
Thu, 24 Dec 1998 17:00:51 -0500
From:
Michael Berman <[log in to unmask]>
> Does anyone know why the original sender to the list is set as the
> return address ? I find I often forget to put in the CC to the list
> and on the other side receive a lot of messages twice.

I don't know why this occurs, but will gladly look into ways to change
this behavior.

I'm sure that many of you have noticed that list traffic is way up over
what is was just a month or two ago. This is both good and bad. It looks
like unsubscriptions are up as well, as many of the list members liked
the lower volume and high content (fortunately our content quality has
not degraded).

I'm certainly not trying to place any restrictions, nor would we ever
attempt to do so - besides spam filtering, that is (which some spammers
have gotten around, as you've probably noticed). I just want people to
be aware of the effects of the increased traffic.

Happy holidays,
Mike Berman
Team Ada list admin