From:
James Squire <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 1997 11:21:08 -0500
Michael Feldman <[log in to unmask]> 10/07/97 04:15pm
wrote:
>[said James Squire]
>> I'm not sure why Ada can't still be used to teach good software
>> development skills, but people tell me that doesn't work.  People want
>> to get on with learning the language they're really going to be using, I
>> guess.  <sigh>

>Who are the "people" you are referring to?

Students, according to some folks that I have talked to within my own
company.  At least I think that's what I was thinking of.  I know I've heard
this sentiment expressed somewhere about college CS students.

---
James Squire                Send my Spam to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
MDA^H^H^HBoeing St. Louis                             http://www.boeing.com
Now that VMS is on the way out, it tips its cap to Unix by implementing
the
PIPE command.  Talk about locking the barn door after the horse has
gotten
away...  Opinions expressed here are my own and NOT my company's
"Mr. Garibaldi, do you really think I would do such a thing to you, my
    good and dear friend?"
'In a minute.'
"You're right, but I didn't..."
        -- Londo and Garibaldi, "Survivors"