From:
Michael Feldman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 1996 13:01:47 -0500

> If anything, taking an over-pessimistic view of the NRC recommendations
> might produce a self-fulfilling prophecy, namely that it will help
> those who chose to interpret them as recommending that the DoD
> abandon Ada completely.

In my opinion, the summaries - especially the 4-bullet list that
was first posted here and elsewhere - already takes that pessimistic
view. Consider the two bullets

- Require Ada for warfighting systems
- Drop the requirement for other systems

The second bullet might have read,

- Encourage, but do not require, Ada for other systems

There is a world of different in tone and perception.

Mike Feldman