Date:
Sat, 7 Feb 1998 16:57:01 +1100
From:
Shayne Flint <[log in to unmask]>
Corey Minyard wrote:

> The project I am working on just rejected Ada over C++ because
> they felt that it would be hard to hire programmers that would
> be willing to use Ada.  The bias is there, and I don't really
> know what to do about it.

If you can keep track of costs somehow and you have similar data for
previous Ada projects and all other things are equal, you may be able to
show that C++ cost your company an arm and a leg. Then, maybe, the
idiots won't do it again. But then again no-one ever seems to learn
anything in this industry (sorry!).

-- Shayne Flint, MIEAust, CPEng        [log in to unmask]
-- Ainslie Software Pty Limited    http://www.ainslie-software.com