Date:
Tue, 17 Mar 1998 18:07:00 +0100
From:
Samuel Tardieu <[log in to unmask]>

Richard> An alternative is to use a newsgroup, like comp.lang.ada
Richard> (maybe we need a comp.team_ada?).  That makes the discussion
Richard> a pull rather than a push for the readers (they have to go
Richard> out of their way to read the messages rather than having them
Richard> delivered), but it does eliminate the mail loop problem.
Richard> Also, when it comes to spam, most newsreaders I've seen allow
Richard> you to download the subject info without downloading the
Richard> messages until you ask to see a message.  That helps a lot
Richard> with the spam.

I could not agree more, except for the name, which should probably be
"comp.lang.ada.advocacy" to follow USENET usage.

  Sam
--
Samuel Tardieu -- [log in to unmask]