Sender: "Team Ada: Ada Advocacy Issues (83 & 95)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 15:15:02 -0500
From: Randy Brukardt <[log in to unmask]>

> > >I can do it, with a 12-hour day and JBuilder.
>
> I guess I forgot to put the smiley on, sorry.
>
> The point was that jBuilder generates a hack of a lot of Java
> for a simple widget, and (typo, should be "heck") it still doesn't
> look good nor does it work.
>
> Compare to a few lines in TCL/Tk/wish: the results look decent,
> and they work.

Well, I can "write" 100KSLOC simply by writing:

with Claw.Frame_Window, Claw.Dialogs.Modal;

(Claw is distributed as source code, and contains over 137KSLOC. :-)
And that all is well commented, working Ada 95 code.

Slightly more seriously, I probably could generate 10kSLOC with CBuild (the
Claw application builder) in a 12 hour day. And that also would all be
working, readable, commented, Ada 95 source code. That would make a good GUI
for a Windows program. But actually writing the application to do something
after the menus were pulled down and the dialogs popped up would take
somewhat more time...

                        Randy Brukardt.