Sender: "Team Ada: Ada Advocacy Issues (83 & 95)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 20:00:22 -0400
From: jim hopper <[log in to unmask]>
Actually since i did the ports tenon supplies (with lots of help from act,
tenon, and others [including mike]) i think i can speak with the final
world (when you call tenon they call me ;-) ).  Mike is 100% accurate.  we
did a port to the machten 68k version (Machten 2.2 and 2.3), but it was not
maintained after 3.04 as i gave my 68k desktop machine and finally my
laptop to my fiance and replaced both with powerpc macs.

best jim

----

At 5:11 PM -0500 9/5/97, W. Wesley Groleau x4923 wrote:

>> > Tenon says it can be used with 68K Macs, too.
>>
>> Not so. CodeBuilder will not run on 68k's,...
>
>better check with Tenon.  When I was talking with them it seemed pretty
>clear that CB would run on 68K (but not that every detail, i.e., Ada
>tasking) would work.  OTOH, on PowerMac, at the time, virtual memory
>wouldn't work, but supposedly that would be fixed Real Soon.
>
>I had these conversations with them six months ago, so get the _real_
>story from Tenon.

  "DOS Computers ... are by far the most popular, with about 70
million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans, on the other
hand, may note that cockroaches are far more numerous than
humans, and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life
form." (New York Times, November 26, 1991)