From:
"Robert C. Leif, Ph.D." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert C. Leif, Ph.D.
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 23:09:48 -0700
To: Greg Bek et al.
From: Bob Leif, Ph.D.

Two questions. 1) Was this date package written in Ada? And 2) If it was
written in Ada, how much work did it take to fix? I suspect that there may
have been other Year 2K problems in Ada. However, the ease of maintaining
Ada made the effort to repair minimal. Minimal effort projects are seldom
reported because they do not change the budget. Actually, the Year 2K
problem is NOT the disease. If Year 2K problem is significant, it is a
symptom of poorly engineered software.