From:
Daniel Wengelin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 20 Oct 1998 15:12:37 +0100
Dear fellow teamers,

I am contemplating transitioning a system in Ada83 to Ada95. Our current
implementation uses a programming environment that supports "export sets"
from components, i.e. the ability to define for a given software component
(CSC, say 10-50 kSLOC) the package specifikations that are allowed to be
"with"ed from another component.

In Ada95, this ability was added to the language itself, using visibility
of child packages as the means to define the export set of a component. (I
never actually used Ada95, but this is how I understand it from the
"glossies" ;-)

Hence, as I understand it, it should be possible to transform the Ada83
source of a system built as a set of components to a corresponding set of
top level "component packages" with public and private child packages in
Ada95.

Is this possible? Has it been done? Is it a stupid idea alltogether? Any
other ideas?

Thanks for any replies.
                    Cheers, Dan

Daniel Wengelin, CelsiusTech Systems