From:
Richard Conn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 21 Dec 1998 22:59:55 -0500
Hi, Everyone,

Just for a data point, I ran a script yesterday on WUARCHIVE to check
on the PAL (Public Ada Library) activity in December.

From 1-20 December 1998, 38,700+ files were transferred from the
main PAL site at Washington University Archive.  About 1/2 went
to sites inside the U.S.  This count included 57 colleges and
universities in the U.S.

This activity level is comparable to the monthly average of the
annual report dated April 1997-March 1998, which was 43,700 file
transfers.  Note that this December count is for 2/3 of a month.

The PAL is continuing to function normally, requiring a minimum of
effort on a voluntary basis (about 1 hour/month).

Rick
Richard Conn        mailto:[log in to unmask]
ASE, PAL, & SDE Manager http://xenadu.home.mindspring.com/

Opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of others