Date:
Sun, 19 Mar 2000 00:21:43 EST
[log in to unmask] quoted and then wrote:

>From:  [log in to unmask] (Andreas Winckler)
>Sender:    [log in to unmask] (Team Ada: Ada Advocacy Issues (83 & 95))
>To:    [log in to unmask]
>> So do I. And it gives nice arguments for me to show students
>> that there is a need for Ada in real life.
>
>It's a nice argument to show that there are Ada jobs in the USA! An
>issue which did not came up in this discussion yet is that most of this
>jobs are in US military projects which keeps non US citizens out of the
>game. Or has this mailgroup become a US_only_party?

As a US citizen who happens to not work on military projects,
I would point out that the statistics might show that those
running non-military projects have an easier time finding
Ada programmers.

Absent a rigorous demographic study of who is on the list,
I don't think we can prove much about why nobody posts or
does not post job ads for any particular area.  We might
as well be trying to prove by such statistics that the
Europeans are less likely to have management legislation
prohibiting inclusion of the "USE" clause.