From:
Wolfgang Pohl <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wolfgang Pohl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 1997 10:51:51 PST
Dear colleagues,

this is to announce a new mailing list on "Machine Learning for User
Modeling" (ML4UM), [log in to unmask] .  The list is supposed to be a forum
for news and discussion on the application of machine learning
techniques to acquisition and update of user models or profiles in
intelligent, user-adaptive systems.  Feel free to interpret this focus
description as wide as possible.

You are cordially invited to subscribe to the list.  Send an email to
[log in to unmask] containing only the word "subscribe" (without
quotes) in its body.

The automatic reply message to your subscription mentions a ML4UM web
site, to be found at http://zeus.gmd.de/ml4um/ .  The information that
this site provides is far from complete.  I hope that anyone
interested in getting people, projects, events and other things
mentioned there will send me URLs and other material.

Best
Wolfgang Pohl, ML4UM admin

P.S.: Feel free to further distribute this announcement.

--
Wolfgang Pohl; GMD FIT - German Nat. Res. Ctr. for Information Technology
Human-Computer Interaction Research Dept.,  D-53754 St. Augustin, Germany